What do you get when you combine chocolate chip cookie butter with chocolate and cream into a silky smooth chocolate truffle filling? Rich & decadent chocolate chip cookie butter truffles! These little bites of heaven use just a few ingredients, require no baking, and dress to impress with the easiest homemade chocolate chip cookie butter. Now you might be thinking… Lindsey, cookie butter is made with Speculoos cookies! And yes, that is true. Traditional cookie butter is made with Speculoos cookies, which are made with warm winter spices, and originate from Europe. In this recipe, however, we’ll be taking our own spin on cookie butter by using chocolate chip cookies. Traditional cookie butter, however, is utterly delicious and if you haven’t tried Speculoos cookie butter, I highly recommend it too. 🙂
This recipe for chocolate chip cookie butter truffles comes to you in partnership with Tate’s Bake Shop. We will use Tate’s Bake Shop Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies to make the cookie butter! They are delicious thin and crispy cookies, and they make the perfect chocolate chip cookie butter.
Equipment Needed for Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Truffles
- Food Processor – We’ll use the food processor to process the cookies, milk, and butter into a super smooth cookie butter!
- Small Mixing Bowl – For melting the chocolate to dip the truffle filling into.
- Small – Medium Stovepot – This will be used for heating the homemade cookie butter, cream, and chocolate into the truffle filling.
- Rubber Spatula – We will need this to mix the truffle filling.
- Cookie Scoop – To scoop the truffle filling into even sized balls. The lever in the cookie scoop also helps to easily release the filling from the scoop.
- Parchment Paper – Parchment paper is what we will rest the chocolate-dipped truffles on so that they don’t stick while the melted chocolate coating hardens back up in the refrigerator!
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter:
- 1 package Tate’s Bake Shop Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies (12 cookies total)
- 6 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Unsalted Butter
- Pinch of Sea Salt
For the Truffle Filling:
- 1 Cup Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter
- 2 Ounces Semisweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Baking Chocolate of choice – I recommend dark chocolate if you prefer rich truffles, and semisweet or even milk chocolate for a lighter taste!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Truffle Texture
These truffles are smooth! They’ve got a chocolate shell on the outside and an incredibly rich smooth inside. They embody all things decadence.
Can I just eat the Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter on its own?
You sure can! This chocolate chip cookie butter can also very well be enjoyed on its own, by the spoonful, or in any other creative way you wish to use it. 🙂
How to store Cookie Butter Truffles
Store these Chocolate Chip Cookie butter Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Do I really need to chill the filling for hours?
YES. Definitely, yes. This is debatably the most important step in the recipe. In step 6 in the recipe instructions below, we allow the truffle mixture to chill for at least 3 hours, even overnight if you’d like! This is because as the mixture chills in the refrigerator, it solidifies back into a thick smooth truffle filling. If you don’t let the mixture cool for long enough, it wont roll into truffles and you’ll be left with a sad chocolate mess. Who wants that?!
Cooling & covering the filling before refrigerating
A basic rule of food safety is not to put very hot food into the refrigerator. Simply wait for the mixture to cool to room temperature after removing it from the stovetop before placing it in the fridge. Additionally, cover the bowl of truffle filling with plastic wrap once it has cooled and before placing it into the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply