Homemade espresso no bake granola bars are one of my favorite things in life. Sure, maybe that sounds weird, and maybe that makes me sound like a loser, but maybe just maybe I don’t mind it.
I definitely sound like a broken record, but homemade granola bars are some of the easiest and most budget-friendly snacks you can make at home. And they are tasty! I mean, what is there not to love?! Not to mention, homemade granola bars stay fresh as long as you want, you should just store them in the freezer if you are not planning on enjoying them within a week of making them. Oh, and on top of that, they are no-bake! I simply could not ask for anything more.
These homemade chocolate espresso no bake granola bars are a new-to-me flavor combo for granola bars and they just might be my new favorite. It kind of resembles a mocha, and my gosh is that one of my favorite ways to enjoy a coffee. And a granola bar. 😉
What is the texture of these espresso no bake granola bars?
These granola bars are thick and soft with a slight crunch from the walnuts. However, if you don’t like walnuts or do not want to use them, feel free to leave them out for a soft bar. Additionally, if you plan to eat them right out of the fridge, the texture will be slightly different than if you let them sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes first.
What if I don’t have espresso powder?
You can use finely ground coffee instead, just sub it in 1:1 for the espresso powder! I’m all for using the ingredients you have versus buying new ones. 🙂
How long do these bars last?
Since these are no-bake, these bars will last longer than any normal baked good. However, I would recommend enjoying them within about a week after making them. After that, store these bars in the freezer, and when ready to eat, either let them warm up at room temperature or throw them in the fridge the night before.
How do I store these granola bars?
Store these in the refrigerator for up to 7 days after making them. Past that point, if there are any granola bars left, store them in an airtight container or bag in the freezer.
Check below for some tips on making these homemade granola bars absolutely perfect…
- Use finely ground espresso powder! Whether you grind the beans yourself, or you use store bought espresso powder, make sure it is fine. The finer the powder means no odd small chunks of espresso beans in your bars.
- If you have dutch processed cocoa powder, I highly recommend using it in this recipe. Of course, normal cocoa powder is great in this recipe, too, but dutch processed just elevates the flavor profile even further!
- Oat flour is just oats that are ground into a fine powder. I make my own by adding all the rolled oats into a high speed blender and grinding them into a fine powder. You can make your own or use store bought in this recipe.
- Use runny almond butter! This is pretty essential to these granola bars. Please use an almond butter that is just almonds or almonds and salt. 🙂
- You may need to mix the dough with your hands as it becomes pretty thick (which is normal in homemade granola bar recipes), but it will come together!
I hope you love homemade granola bars as much as I do! Enjoy. 🙂